It has been nearly five years of hard work to get to this point. Starting out in June 2009, all we knew was that the current gold standard of pen and paper food journals was not acceptable for our most pressing health issue.
We believe we can offer some features that other technologies currently being used cannot, including:
- 60,000 food database all standardized to one portion size for easy search
- Two step search with basic natural language processing
- All photos and nutrition information are transmitted to researcher database in realtime, freeing their precious time from data entry
- Decreasing recall bias by allowing users to take pictures of their meal and enter a description at a later time
- Decreasing portion size misestimations by allowing researchers to literally see what a study subject is eating from their photo and make adjustments accordingly
- E-mail reminders automatically sent to non-compliant subjects when they miss a meal
- Ultimate customizability - we have worked with a few research groups and all had different stipulations for the data collected, the look of the landing page, etc.
For all related inquiries, see our PhotoCalorie page or email us at email@example.com.
For everyone else, lets celebrate!